Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Sunshine where did you go?

I for sure need to start building that ark now. Our sun has been replaced with large amounts of rain.  Of course it was beautiful Monday-Friday evening. It was at least 70 each day and it got up to the lows 80 at the end of the week. Absolutely gorgeous outside and I loved it. My lovie Aiden was so excited to not be cooped up in the house. In fact he threw an absolute tantrum everyday when it was time to come in. We even ate outside so he could spend as much time in the nice weather as he could. It still wasn’t enough. I would beg him and try to trick him with candy to just come inside. Nope he wasn’t having it. My BF would have to scoop him up (as he threw himself) and bring him in. It’s not easy to reason with a 2 and a half year old. All they know is what they want to do and that you are stopping them. One day we had to give him a bath as soon as he came in because he was covered in chalk, bubbles and dirt. We were one step away from having to tie him down in the bath. He flew his arms around, splashed, kicked and screamed like he was being murderd. He was just so heart broken about being in the house it was crazy. I felt so bad for him because after he curled in a little ball and sobbed. Now let me tell you he was outside the entire day and at this point it was 7:30 pm. You think that would be long enough!

Now we are both stuck in the house again. Friday night the sky opened and it still hasn’t stopped. There is no end in sight either. It’s supposed to rain up until Saturday then start up again Sunday. I hope they are wrong with that forecast. So pretty much my weekend (save Friday after work) consisted of being stuck indoors. Friday night was nice though. I went to dinner with my family (mom, step dad, brother, sister) to Buffalo Burger which is a new restaurant that is like Fuddruckers. For those who don’t know it’s a place where you order your burger and can choose from a million different toppings and also many different meats (even ostrich, buffalo, and other weird ones)I just got a regular burger with mushrooms, carmalized onions, cheese and bacon. After we went for walk in a near by park. This park is known for deers, chipmunks, birds coming up to you if you feed them. It was very nice and peaceful. We actually saw a huge hawk super close and I almost peed my pants. Thank God it flew away. The rest of the weekend I cleaned and layed around.

Now it's back to work again. I am going to work overtime a few days this week. I am trying to save as much as I can before Pumpkin gets here. Tomorrow I might be able to find out what Pumpkin is. That is something I am looking forward too. Hope everyone else had a nice weekend.

I have to share this picture because my lovie just makes my day. Last night we were watching Spongebob eating our snacks and I had my fuzzy socks on. He just loves the way they feel too. So he took them off my feet and put his baby socks on mine. Here he is with them on still. Sorry it came out dark for some reason.

2 comments:

  1. Wee cutie!

    Can't believe you have a park with Chipmunks... very Walt Disney ;-)

    Are you hoping for a boy or a girl? Hope the scan goes well. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol I never thought of it that way. I tried to take a picture but at that point the chipmunk started to run away. Next time I will get one just for you.

    ReplyDelete